Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My post-workout binge: Pretzel M&Ms & Milk

Tonight I was flying solo at the gym because Jackie was working late. This was my first visit back at the gym since the Rumpshaker. I was super sore for the last two days, and this was the first day that I actually thought I would be able to drag my butt to the gym and actually do something.

I worked out chest, back, and abs before getting on my old friend, the elliptical. It was really hard to get motivated on the elliptical tonight. There was part of me that wanted to be doing cardio outside, but I know that I need to take care of my knee and don't need to over-do it. I powered through the cardio and finally headed home.

Jackie was still at work, and I had a major case of the munchies. I was craving some milk...and then I spotted the bag of pretzel M&Ms. Jackie bought them last week with a coupon. (I cant remember if she paid 2-cents for them or if they were free. Heck, the store might have paid her to take them. That girl can work wonders with coupons!)

I tore into the bag, and quickly devoured some of them. The salty/sweet combo is amazing!! I also poured myself a glass of milk, which I sucked down like it was going out of style.
Moo juice = yum!

In the end, I ate two handfuls of the M&Ms and drank 3 glasses of milk. (Jackie keeps saying that we should just buy a cow.) While I know that my body can use the milk to help build muscle, I know that the M&Ms aren't going to help me get to my weight goal.

Now I'm watching The Biggest Loser, and I can't help but asking myself WWJD: What Would Jillian Do? First of all, I think she would yell at me. Bob would also be pretty disappointed.


Unhappy trainers
I know it was a bad lapse of judgment, and I will need to do better. Tomorrow, I plan to work harder to make up for this.

In other news, I did manage to lose a pound over the past week...in spite of my birthday celebrations, which included a lot of cake!
A sinful combination

No comments:

Post a Comment