Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Birthday Blog Extravaganza!!!

Today is my 26th birthday, and when I woke up this morning, I felt SO old. Every part of my body hurt. Every muscle was sore. Every joint ached. So far, turning 26 felt like I was turning 96.

And then I remembered that I ran a 5K yesterday.

I'm hoping by the time we run our next 5K, which is now in 3 weeks, I'll be in better shape. Surely the recovery period gets better!

Me on the birthday saddle
Overall, today was pretty low-key... and I liked it that way. Jackie and I went to church and then out to eat at Texas Roadhouse with my parents and her mom. We had a great time! The waitress also made me sit on the saddle while the hollered to everyone that it was my birthday.

Then we came back to our apartment to eat some of the strawberry cake that Jackie got for me at Joe's Italian last night. It is delicious! (Last night we ate at Up the Creek with some friends. I LOVE their lemon-lime grilled shrimp!)

After taking a much-needed nap, Jackie and I watched Sister Wives (one of our can't-miss TV obsessions, along with MTV's Teen Mom 2).

Tomorrow, it's back to the grindstone...and back to the gym.

Also, today marks the 1 year anniversary since Jackie and I got engaged!! I can't believe it was a year ago that I got down on bended knee and popped the question. (And I'm glad that I didn't have to get down on one knee today...because I'm not sure if I would be able to stand up! My legs are unbelievably sore!)

And for your blogging pleasure, I'm including some funny birthday pictures I found. There are even some Star Trek ones! And there are some that aren't specifically birthday related, but I loved them and wanted to throw them in, too!

Before we went to lunch
Dad, Mom, & me after lunch

The crew of the Enterprise knows how to have a good time!

Riker is thinking, "Man, I make this hat look good," but Picard is thinking, "I don't think these are the hats we are supposed to wear to Bruce's birthday party."
Live Long and Prosper!


Neelix: I made you a cake for your birthday!
Janeway: Crap, Neelix baked a cake.

You heard right, Uhura!



Fascinating, I thought Spock would know the difference between "your" and "you're".


Picard: Here's to you on your birthday, Bruce!
Picard: Wait... You're how old?!?
And this one's just for fun!

3 comments:

  1. I am ROLLING at "I got 99 problems but a breach ain't one!" LOLLLLL

    Happy Birthday to my most favorite cousin in law. And that's saying a lot cuz I have a lot of cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are hysterical. Happy super-belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did the photos go?

    ReplyDelete