Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Philosopher LL Cool J once said...

The other day Jackie suggested that we raid our magazine basket and cut out any sayings or pictures that would inspire us to get healthy. Then we had some arts and crafts time and glued everything to a piece of poster board. So here's a picture of my motivation poster:

One of my favorite quotes that I found was from the philosopher LL Cool J. He said, "You cannot be strong in body without being strong in mind and spirit." Something in that quote really stuck out to me. I know that many of my issues with food and weight are in my mind. Mind over matter!! And I know that the spirit to change is there. It has burned bright within me once before when I lost the weight before. Now it's burning bright again, and I'm so thankful for that.

Tonight, Jackie and I both went to the small gym at our apartment complex. It's not much, and a lot of the equipment is busted up. But we found a way to work out with what we had. It wasn't easy for either of us, and I was definitely huffing and puffing when I got finished on the treadmill. (I would much rather use an elliptical machine, but both of the ones in our gym are in really bad shape and in need of some serious repair.) When we got back to the apartment, I told Jackie that I had fun. She looked at me like I'd sprouted a third arm. But I had meant it; it was fun for me.

We've also been debating about joining a gym because the apartment's gym is so small and doesn't have the equipment that we really want. We've talked about the Snap Fitness that just opened in Columbiana, but we want to stick with working out on our own for a couple of weeks to prove our commitment to working out before we commit to a gym membership. So for now, we're going to stick with what we've got. Tomorrow is another day, and I'll be back at it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment