Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My "Lobster"

Taken the other night before we went out to dinner.
Today on my way home from Tuscaloosa, I was listening to the Dr. Laura Berman show on XM radio. I began listening to Dr. Berman last semester. I enjoy her insights on raising children and on having healthy relationships. Often times, the show topics are about relationships. Today's wasn't, but she start talking about giving 100% in 2011. The challenge she and her producers are undertaking is exercising 6 days a week. She also talked about giving 100% in your relationships...and that got me thinking.

I started thinking about the whirlwind love story I've had over the past year and a half. It was unforeseen, unplanned for, and entirely wonderful. I couldn't imagine my life without Jackie. She's my best friend, my soul mate, my "lobster" (as Pheobe on Friends would say). I can't believe that I married such an amazing woman. God certainly knew what He was doing when He put us together. I look forward to the life we will build together. I know it won't always be easy, but it will always be worth it.
A little something I wrote on our honeymoon.

As I was thinking in the car, I looked down and realized I was wearing the t-shirt I bought on our honeymoon. I smiled. I thought about the fun we had on that week together at the beach. It was our first grand adventure together...our first of many.


On Seagrove Beach

1 comment:

  1. awww! I'm so happy for you! You and Jackie seem so perfect together! I'm thrilled to see you so happy! Miss you Script Boy! Love, Line-up Gal :)

    ReplyDelete