Sunday, March 13, 2011

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

This week we made it official: we're doing the Rumpshaker 5K. We've registered (Go Team Badonkadonks!) and signed our release waivers (in which I had to attest that I am an athlete--ha!)

I don't want to look like this at the 5K!!
We've also done a great job of making it to the gym. We are both super sore, but we know that the pain is worth it. I am SO glad to be able to use an elliptical again! Today I went over 6 miles.

I think I'm going to start mixing in some treadmill time during this coming week to help me get ready for the Rumpshaker. Y'all know that I don't like running outside, but I also need to incorporate some actual road running, too.

I'm really hoping to be able to hit the gym hard this week during Spring Break. I would love to lose a couple of pounds, too! While I know the weight won't just magically disappear (but, oh, how I would love it if it did!), I also want to make sure that I lose the weight the right way. I don't want to regain it...again. I'm also hoping that my skin will be able to shrink as my waist does. I think it should. I'm so excited about getting this weight off!

No comments:

Post a Comment